September 27, 2009

I will be attending the A Better World by Design conference in Providence, RI this weekend. Here is a little text from the site to explain what it's all about.
"A Better World by Design brings a global community of innovators to Providence, Rhode Island, to reach across disciplines and unite under a common goal. Presenters share engaging stories, workshops teach creative skills, and discussions reframe perspectives. A Better World by Design is an immersive experience that deepens our understanding of the power of design, technology, and enterprise to reshape our communities and sustain our environment."

It's been a little more than a year since I have left school, so I am excited to visit Providence and RISD again. I feel like attending lectures is just what I need right now in gaining inspiration. Hopefully, I will be a bit enlightened and it will motivate me to create work again. Feeling estatic is something I haven't felt in a while and I miss that feeling!!

I am thinking about the jewelry department at RISD and how fortunate I was to be a part of the program. So I thought I would share some pictures of the jewelry studio space I used to have at school. What a gift I once had!

machines machines machines



Forging room, there is a great collection of anvils and hammers...






Enameling room, a place where I once spent way too much time in... But the great thing was that it would be never be cold in the winter because the kiln was on!


And I am so happy to have done casting. Never have I used such big flames. It is a process I would definitely want to experiment with again.


Can't wait for this week to come! I will be sure to take some pictures and share what I have learned later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment