November 25, 2011

This Is How I Work

What goes on in a working studio?
This question has been more on my mind since I started working on The Bloomfield School. A great distinction about The Bloomfield School is that anyone who takes a class will actually work and learn where the artist works, which naturally allows them to encounter unique tools, machines and processes related to the artists' skills. As an instructor, being transparent with how I work,what I know and what I do is important. I am eager to share this with not just students but anyone who is curious. But if you were not in New York to take a class, then the opportunity to see inside Brooklyn's artist studios would be limited.
The internet gives us the opportunity to share things all over the world. May the next best option to being in a studio is viewing it on a screen? Well, the making of videos started when my sister's boyfriend,Donald, showed me his time-lapse videos. I was impressed with them and thought how fun it would be to make a video myself. With this blog, I can share how I work on the internet to anyone who is interested in seeing the process of jewelry making. So with the help of Donald's knowledge, here is my first time-lapse video. I hope you all enjoy it. I am excited to continue this series of "This Is How I Work."



Here are some new things, in detail, of what I am making.

Photobucket
My working table is filled with small piles. My favorite way of working.


Photobucket
A few of the many castings I am cleaning up. This particular set of castings will be my large cluster earrings.


Photobucket
And now half way there with semi-finished products, pendants and earrings! I have some beading time ahead of me.


What is your workspace like and how do you work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment